Bond University is a private university located in Robina, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. It is also the first private university established in Australia. Bond also differs from other Australian universities as it schedules three semesters each year, commencing in January, May and September, allowing a six-semester degree to be completed in two years, instead of three, without increasing semester workloads.
Bond received top marks in more categories (key performance indicators) of the Good Universities Guide than any other Australian university in 2007, 2008 and 2009 and an equal second rating in 2010. The university was ranked equal 31st in the 2010 Excellence in Research for Australia rankings which assessed Australian universities’ research activity and quality.
Bond University was founded in 1987 by Alan Bond and given its university status by Queensland’s Bond University Act. It also operated Bond South Africa, a degree-awarding campus in South Africa, until 2004.
Bond University comprises four main faculties, offering a selection of undergraduate (Bachelor, Associate Degree) and postgraduate (Graduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, Masters by coursework and research, doctoral and PhD) programs.
- Faculty of Business
- School of Business
- School of Information Technology
- School of Hotel, Resort & Tourism Management
- Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Medicine
- School of Physiotherapy & Sports Medicine
- Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences
- School of Humanities Department of International Relations
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Communication and Media
- Faculty of Law
- Institute of Sustainable Development & Architecture
- The Mirvac School of Sustainable Development**
- The Soheil Abedian School of Architecture**
10 Reasons Why Bond
- Australia’s Highest Rating University
The 2012 Good Universities Guide rates Bond University the most five stars out of any university in Australia. Bond rates five stars across a range of key performance indicators including:
- ★★★★★ Student to Staff Ratio
- ★★★★★ Staff Qualifications
- ★★★★★ All Graduates: Teaching Quality
- ★★★★★ All Graduates: Overall Satisfaction
- ★★★★★ All Graduates: Generic Skills
- Fast-Tracked Degrees
Graduate up to 12 months ahead of the rest by studying three semesters per year.
- Australia’s Lowest Student to Staff Ratio2
In our small classes, you’ll reap the rewards of personalised attention and mentoring.
- Five-Star Teaching Quality1
Learn from world-renowned academics and high-level corporate and government consultants who take a hands-on role in guiding your career path.
- Leadership Core Skills Program
Part of our unique approach is to help you develop a strong foundation of key leadership attributes that will prepare you for career success, regardless of which field of study you choose.
- State-Of-The-Art Facilities
Not only do we offer state-of-the-art facilities, we offer you unprecedented access to them. This means you can apply your profession as you learn it, in an environment far more akin to the real thing.
- Practical Experience
Our graduates are distinguished as being “ready to hit the ground running” thanks to the workplace insight gained from practical case studies and internships with our network of blue chip employers such as KPMG, JBWere and the Marriott International to name a few.
- International Perspective
Australian in character yet international in perspective, Bond offers globally focused course content and exchange opportunities in over 20 countries, meaning you’ll be professionally and culturally set up to work anywhere in the world.
- Great Social Life On Campus
Bond has a real community feel and vibrant student social life. You’ll have the time of your life with over 70 sporting and social clubs, one of Queensland’s leading fitness centres, cafes, restaurants and support services all available on campus.
- Global Bondy Network
Our global network is active in over 120 countries around the world, so you’ll be connected practically anywhere your ambition may take you.