[AU][Scholarship] USQ - 2021 Scholarships
International students appreciate the scholarships USQ is offering in Semester 2 and 3, 2020. To continue supporting our international students during these unprecedented times, we are extending the scholarships to 2021. We have also attached a flyer for your distribution. For more details regarding these scholarships, please check the below links:
- International Student Support Scholarship
- International Student Support Nursing Scholarship
- International Accommodation Scholarship
The Australian Government has made an important announcement regarding student visas and post-study work rights. These changes include:
- Current student visa holders studying online outside Australia due to COVID-19 will be able to use that study to count towards the Australian study requirement for a post-study work visa.
- The Government will recommence granting student visas in all locations lodged outside Australia. This means when borders re-open, students will already have visas and be able to make arrangements to travel.
- International students will be able to lodge a further student visa application free of charge, if they are unable to complete their studies within their original visa validity due to COVID-19.
- Additional time will be given for applicants to provide English language results where COVID-19 has disrupted access to these services.
These are important changes that provide your students with greater security to study at USQ and we recommend you discuss with your students about their specific situation.
Available programs on campus in Semester 3, 2020
Although USQ has primarily used Semester 3 as an online semester, we have 3 programs that are offered on campus in Semester 3, 2020 for your students to apply. Students may commence their studies online in Semester 3, 2020 and upon travel restrictions being lifted, student may return to on-campus study with a valid student visa. Limited majors and specialisations are available, please contact our team for further information.