University of Auckland
- Campus Location : Auckland, New Zealand
- Main Website : www.auckland.ac.nz
- International Student Website : www.auckland.ac.nz/en/for/international-students.html
The University of Auckland is the largest university in New Zealand, located in the country’s largest city, Auckland. It is the highest-ranked university in the country, being ranked 81st worldwide in the 2016/17 QS World University Rankings. Established in 1883 as a constituent college of the University of New Zealand, the university is made up of eight faculties over six campuses. It has a head count of more than 40,000 students, and more than 30,000 equivalent full-time students. The University of Auckland is known for its Medical and health sciences and world renown business school. with Grafton campus providing top of the line medical and health science equipment and Owen G Glen building being the home of the business faculty. The University is the highest ranked New Zealand university in the Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities. The university of Auckland is New Zealand’s largest research organization with more than 12,000 staff and postgraduate students involved in fundamental and applied research. o And generating more than million in annual research revenue. o The University of Auckland employs 35% of the A-rated staff in the country in the Performance Based Research Fund (PBRF) review and 33% of the PBRF funding is allocated towards Research Degree Completions
- Internationally focused o UoA has International networks and affiliations, enrolling more than 4,000 international students from 93 countries choose to study here. It is also the only New Zealand member of Universities 21, the Worldwide Universities Network (WUN), and the Association of Pacific Rim Universities. Auckland city is ranked third out of 223 world cities for quality of living in the 2014 Mercer Quality of Living Survey The University of Auckland’s close proximity to New Zealand’s major business city enables staff and students to rub shoulders with leading practitioners in their field. Auckland University is a great choice is you would like to study in the Fields of Medicine, health and business. Grafton campus, located next to the Auckland city hospital is Auckland Universities dedicated medical campus, boasting top facilities and technologies for future doctors to study and practice, as well as students who are studying for related degrees. The Business School academic staff are committed to delivering high quality teaching and research in topics that are forward-focused and relevant.
- Business classes take place in the Owen G Glenn Building, which was built in 2008 and includes lecture theatres, case rooms, computer labs, study areas, seminar rooms, a café and a bank.
- It is one of only four business schools in Australasia with its own careers centre. The Business School ASB Careers Centre provides free skills workshops, one-on-one coaching, networking events and services to help students plan their career.
- The Owen G Glenn Building is within walking distance of the city centre, including the central business district.