Whitireia Community Polytechnic
- Whitireia is a government owned and funded tertiary institute of technology, known for its high student success rates and culturally diverse student body.
- Established in 1986, on the shores of the Porirua harbour, Whitireia has grown to become the tertiary institution of choice for over 7,500 students (over 3,900 equivalent full-time students)
- Campuses: Porirua, Wellington, Kāpiti and Auckland.
- Over 120 programmes of study are offered at certificate, diploma, degree, postgraduate and masters levels. All programmes have been developed in conjunction with industry to offer excellent applied qualifications.
- Since 2012, Whitireia has been working with WelTec to provide the best possible choices for students in the Wellington region and beyond. This partnership is driven by a commitment to put students first, by providing more choice, more opportunities and improved experiences.
Vision and Values
- Vision: Whitireia will lead and illuminate its communities through tertiary education.
- Values: Manaaki/ Identity/ Equity/ Responsiveness/ Success/ Integrity/ Accountability
Why Choose Whitireia
- NZQA has given Whitireia a Highly Confident rating for educational performance and for capability in self-assessment. This makes Whitireia a Category 1 institution
- Whitireia work together with industry to make sure programmes are relevant and deliver work-ready graduates.
- High quality facilities (New Creative Campus in the Wellington CBD, opening in 2018 to ensure student get the best learning environment.