Eastern Institute of Technology (EIT)
- IT are a New Zealand Institute of Technology with three campuses: Napier, Gisborne and Auckland. EIT offer programmes that have a practical focus, underpinned by academic theory. This balance of practice and theory provides students with the right qualifications, skills, and industry experience to help you achieve your career aspirations.
- In 2014, more than 10,000 students studied at EIT, including 440 International students from 40 different countries. EIT staff members are committed to providing students with a high level of support. Small class sizes allow for EIT’s highly experienced and qualified, in order to guide students to achieve academic success.
- Delivers a wide range of vocational programs from Level 1 – 8.
- Hawkes Bay, on the east coast, is strong in agriculture, with many vineyards and orchards, and tourism; Auckland is a bustling cosmopolitan city.
- There are a big variety of courses of interest to International Students, from Hospitality and Tourism at the lower levels, to Health Science, Nursing, Information Technology, and business specialities such as Wine Business, Management and Accounting at up to Masters level.
To provide high quality, relevant and accessible tertiary education for the well-being of the regions’ diverse communities, the Institute has established a major vocational, applied professional and higher education programme portfolio.
In strategic direction, EIT has identified five priorities:
- Pursing success
- Enquiring minds
- Thinking smarter
- Flourishing people
- Being connected
Why Choose EIT
- Quality Education
- EIT was ranked as one of New Zealand’s top rated New Zealand ITPs for research in the Performance-Based Research Fund
- EIT is a Category One Institution as assessed by New Zealand Qualification Authority (NZQA) under the External Evaluation and Review (EER)
- “Work ready” programmes lead to job opportunities after graduation
- Smaller classes and greater personal attention from teachers
- High levels of satisfaction from current international students
- Many qualifications have professional body recognition and the skills gained are internationally transferable