ARA Institute of Canterbury
- Ara Institute of Canterbury is a vibrant, progressive, government-funded tertiary institute providing world-class, tertiary-level education throughout the Canterbury and Waitaki region. Ara was created in 2016 when education providers CPIT and Aoraki Polytechnic merged, bringing together two well-established organisations and over 200 years of collective experience and success.
- Ara is the Māori word for path or journey. It represents the learning process, the many pathways to success, and the routes and rivers that criss-cross the Canterbury Plains from the mountains to the sea
- Campuses: Christchurch City Campus, Woolston, Timaru, Washdyke Campus Timaru, Ashburton, Oamaru.
Vision and Values statements
- Kia pono/Trust
- Kia Tūhono/Connect
- Kia Hihiri/Inspire
Why Choose ARA
- Talented staff, innovative business collaborators and supportive community partners are passionate about the role they play in students’ success. Together committed to equipping every student with the industry-relevant knowledge, skills and experience they need to get the job they want and to excel in it.
- Learning models and course content continually evolve to respond to industry and regional needs. To ensure students have real-world experience, offer an ever-expanding array of workplace training opportunities, internships, apprenticeships and partnerships with industry. And to meet demand for flexible study options, ARA offer an increasing range of online, blended delivery and part time programmes.